Truck Driver Job in San Diego, California
· Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
· Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
· Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
· Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
· Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
· Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
· Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
· Collect and verify delivery instructions.
· Report defects, accidents or violations.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
· Possession of a valid Commercial Class A Driver’s License.
· Clean driving record.
· Must be bilingual. (English and Spanish)