Truck Driver Job in Sewell, New Jersey
Class a Truck Driver
AJ CAN DO IT ALL
Sewell, NJ, 08080
Public transit available.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Follow traffic laws.
* Check truck gas, oil, water, tires, lights, brakes.
* Report problems or accidents to management.
* Check load against shipping papers.
* Get signed receipts for delivered materials.
* Check load papers to make sure everything is compete and accurate.
* Maintain vehicle logs, cargo records, work record.
* Read maps and follow directions.
* Report traffic problems to other drivers.
* Use two-way radios, phones.
* Position trucks for loading and unloading.
* Check position of truck and loading equipment.
* Have a clean driving record.
* Have commercial driver's license Class A.
* Provide good customer service.
* Secure cargo.
* Meet pickup and delivery schedules.
* Manage time and work.
* Inspect vehicles before and after trips.
* Drive tractor trailer.
* Know commercial driving regulations.
* Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
* Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
* Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
* Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
* Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
Nature of Work
Duration: Full Time, Regular
Normal Work Days: Varies
Normal Work Shifts: Any Shift
Post is open till: 30th June, 2014
Number of Job Openings: 2
Applicants should have a No Specific Requirement
Applicants should have experience of 3 year(s) .
Applicants should have age 25 yrs. (Insurance Reasons)
Applicants should have following driver's license: Class A/CDL:
About AJ CAN DO IT ALL
New trucking company running the northeast region, regionally and over the road.